The Solo Division will begin with the 2014 race.
The Solo Division is recognition of runners who do not use a crew or pacer. An award will go to the male and female
overall winners of the division. All finishers in the division will receive a token of their achievements. Solo
Division awards are in addition to any other awards. The overall winner of the race may also receive the award for
the Solo Division.
- Entrants may declare their intent to enter the solo division at any time until the final entrants list is set.
Entrants may also join or leave the solo division at check-in on Friday before the start.
- Entrants in this division will have no crews and no pacers and will not use the crews or pacers of other
- Entrants will rely only on the official aid stations and their own drop bags for all support -- food, fluids,
clothing, supplies, etc.
- Entrants may not take any aid, equipment, or clothing items left specifically for them at an aid station.
Everything must come from the aid station supplies or the runner's drop bags. Entrants may, however, take
anything from an aid station that is generally available to all runners regardless of who provided it. They may
also take unplanned emergency items from other crews not related to them in any way.
Example, a bandaid from another runner's crew.
- Entrants may run with any other VT100 entrant or group of entrants, solo or not. Entrants in this division may
run with another entrant in the run who has a pacer as long as the division entrant does not take any direct
aid from the pacer.
- Entrants may be helped in the aid station by aid station volunteers the same as other entrants, but are not to
be helped by anyone's crew.
- Entrants may get impromptu, unplanned assistance from other runners (but not pacers) while on the course
between aid stations (example - water, salt tablet, band-aid, etc).
- If entrants violate these rules, they are not disqualified from the entire race; rather, they can continue but
will no longer be recognized as being part of the solo division.
- For all racers, headphones of any sort are not allowed at all in the VT 100.
- All participants enrolled in the solo division who finish the event will receive a token of their completion in
addition their plaque or buckle. There will be an additional prize for the first solo Man and Woman over all.
To enter yourself in the Solo Division, please e-mail our Registrar at debshearerATcomcast.net
Copyright © 1996-2014 Vermont Adaptive Ski and Sports. All rights reserved.